Saginaw, MI: Yeo & Yeo CPAs & Business Consultants was proud to join with the Young Professionals group of the Leading Edge Alliance (LEA YPs) for its fourth annual Global Volunteer Week. LEA member firms worldwide were encouraged to donate to or volunteer for a local charity.
Kym Hess, Director of Human Resources and LEA YP coordinator at Yeo & Yeo, stated, "The support we continue to receive from our young professionals throughout Michigan is growing and shows how much they care about serving the communities we are in."
During mid-June and early July, Yeo & Yeo employees volunteered at several different not-for-profit organizations across Michigan.
- In Ann Arbor, employees volunteered at Food Gatherers, a local food bank and food distribution center. They broke down large quantities of food into useable portions that were then sent to local food banks.
- In Saginaw, employees worked inside and outside on a Habitat for Humanity house on Mackinaw Street. The work included digging out shrubs, painting and fireplace renovation.
- In Lansing, employees helped the Capital Area Humane Society prepare for a weekend of fun for community and volunteers. The team cleaned, decorated and also made time to give some tender loving care to the animals.
- In Kalamazoo, employees helped prepare for a Mud Run to benefit ActiveWater by folding t-shirts and assembling packets for the runners. ActiveWater uses the athletic lifestyle and grassroots campaigns to bring clean water and sanitation projects to communities in need throughout the globe.
- In Midland, employees painted and did yard work at Shelterhouse, an organization committed to provide safety, advocacy and counseling for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault.
This is the fourth consecutive year that Yeo & Yeo employees have participated in the annual LEA YP Global Volunteer Week. The firm is proud of its employees' outreach and pleased to participate in these efforts to support communities both locally and globally.
About Yeo & Yeo
Yeo & Yeo is a leading accounting, audit, tax and business consulting firm throughout Michigan with a proven reputation for personal service, commitment to clients and community support. Growing since 1923, Yeo & Yeo ranks among the Top 200 accounting firms in the U.S. with over 200 employees and offices in Saginaw (headquarters), Alma, Ann Arbor, Flint, Greater Detroit, Kalamazoo, Lansing and Midland. Other Yeo & Yeo affiliates include Affiliated Medical Billing, Yeo & Yeo Computer Consulting and Yeo & Yeo Financial Services. Yeo & Yeo is a founding member of LEA Global, the second largest international professional association. Learn more at www.yeoandyeo.com.