Elida Eid, Senior HR Advisor and Jessica Hindley, Staff Auditor, volunteered at the recent Cedars Golf and Cycling Classic.
Over 300 people attended the event that raised over $200,000 for the Cedars Cancer Institute. Special guests included hockey legends Yvan Cournoyer, Bob Gainey, Torrey Mitchel and José Theodore.
About FL Fuller Landau
Celebrating over 50 years in business, FL Fuller Landau LLP is a full-service chartered professional accounting and business advisory firm. The professionals at FL Fuller Landau are a blend of young, dynamic partners and seasoned consultants working to improve the net worth of current and future clients. Praised by Canadian Business Magazine and Maclean's Magazine for its service offering and work environment, Fuller Landau provides a full range of financial services. The firm, founded in 1963, has more than 80 employees and is guided by its eight core principles: excellence, confidence, innovation, passion, leadership, creativity, team spirit, and empathy. FL Fuller Landau LLP is a founding member of the Leading Edge Alliance (www.leadingedgealliance.com), an international network of independently owned professional accounting and consulting firms. To learn more about Fuller Landau, visit www.flmontreal.com.
About the Cedars Cancer Institute
The Cedars Cancer Institute is a hospital-based charity whose mission is to provide comprehensive cancer care for all cancer patients - pediatric, adolescent and young adult (AYA), adults and those in palliative care - who are being treated at the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC). The Cedars Cancer Institute fulfills this mission by providing much-needed funds to:
- Purchase state-of-the-art diagnostic oncology equipment
- Improve facilities for the treatment and care of cancer patients. Accomplishments include the creation of the Cedars Breast Clinic at the Royal Victoria Hospital, renovations to Sarah's Floor - the hematology/oncology division at the Montreal Children's Hospital, renovations to the Palliative Care Unit at the Montreal General Hospital, and much more
- Run the Cedars CanSupport program, which offers free psychosocial, practical and humanitarian assistance to cancer patients and their families, as well as financial assistance through the Wilfrid Howick Humanitarian Endowment Fund
- Support cancer research through the Henry R. Shibata Fellowship Award
- Provide annual visiting professorships in oncology that bring world-renowned researchers, educators and physicians to the McGill teaching hospitals - the Vivian Saykaly Visiting Professorship in Medical Oncology and the Edward J. Tabah Visiting Professorship in Surgical Oncology
- Improve awareness of cancer-related issues through free public lectures and educational programs