Saginaw, MI: Yeo & Yeo CPAs & Business Consultants was proud to join with the Young Professionals group of the Leading Edge Alliance (LEA YPs) for its fifth annual Global Volunteer Week. LEA member firms worldwide were encouraged to donate to or volunteer for a local charity.
Bradley Booms, member of the LEA YP Special Interest Group Steering Committee and senior accountant at Yeo & Yeo said, "This is an excellent opportunity for Yeo & Yeo's Young Professionals to work together and volunteer for causes they are passionate about with an end result of making a positive impact in the communities that we work in."
During mid-June and early July, Yeo & Yeo employees volunteered at several different not-for-profit organizations across Michigan. Yeo & Yeo's Young Professional's focus this year was to work together to assist a variety of not-for-profits in their efforts to provide food, shelter and safety to families in need by:
- Volunteering at Food Gatherers, a nonprofit food bank committed to alleviating hunger in the Ann Arbor community
- Planting and weeding an urban garden in downtown Detroit that provides sustainable, locally grown vegetables to 1,400 families, communities and schools across Detroit
- Inspecting and sorting 13,183 pounds of donated food items for the Food Bank of Eastern Michigan
- Golfing to raise donations for local charities in Kalamazoo
- Working in the community gardens of Lansing for the Greater Lansing Food Bank
- Painting and doing yard work at Shelter House of Midland, an organization committed to provide safety, advocacy and counseling for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault
- Landscaping at the Underground Railroad of Saginaw. The work included cleaning, digging out shrubs, mulching and planting.
This is the fifth consecutive year that Yeo & Yeo employees have participated in the annual LEA YP Global Volunteer Week. The firm is proud of its employees' outreach and pleased to participate in these efforts to support communities both locally and globally.
About Yeo & Yeo
Yeo & Yeo is a leading accounting, audit, tax and business consulting firm throughout Michigan with a proven reputation for personal service, commitment to clients and community support. Growing since 1923, Yeo & Yeo ranks among the Top 100 accounting firms in the U.S. with more than 200 employees and offices in Saginaw (headquarters), Alma, Ann Arbor, Flint, Greater Detroit, Kalamazoo, Lansing, Midland and Southgate. Other Yeo & Yeo affiliates include Affiliated Medical Billing, Yeo & Yeo Computer Consulting and Yeo & Yeo Financial Services. Yeo & Yeo is a founding member of LEA Global, the second largest international professional association. Learn more at www.yeoandyeo.com.