Lexington, KY. – Elizabeth Woodward, Director of Forensic Accounting and Litigation Support at Dean Dorton, was appointed to serve as a member of the Forensic and Litigation Services Committee for the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA).
The American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) is the world’s largest member association representing the accounting profession, with more than 418,000 members in 143 countries, and a history of serving the public interest since 1887.
Elizabeth Woodward has more than 20 years of experience in public accounting, specializing in bankruptcy accounting matters, litigation support, and forensic accounting services. She has served in several fiduciary roles, including as a Chief Restructuring Officer, Receiver, and Fee Examiner.
Woodward is also an experienced expert witness and has testified in multiple courts. Her experience includes testifying for local and regional matters as well as national cases.
Some of her present and past professional activities include:
· Kentucky Society of CPAs, Ethics Committee Chair
· Kentucky Society of CPAs, Board of Directors
· AICPA Forensic and Litigation Services Committee
AICPA CFF Champion
· Blue Grass Airport Board of Directors, Treasurer, and Finance and Audit Committee Chair
· GleanKY, Finance Committee
AICPA CFF Champion of the Year 2014
· AICPA Forensic and Valuations Services Committee Fraud Task Force (Past Member)
· Lexington and Fayette County Parking Authority, Former Commissioner
· North Lexington Family YMCA, Past Chairman
· Eastern Little League, Past Board Member and Treasurer
· Leadership Kentucky, Class of 2014
· Commerce Lexington, Class of 1998
· Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Member
· American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
Dean Dorton’s litigation support team is the largest in Kentucky with nine full-time experienced professionals with the skills, knowledge, and credentials to meet the unique needs of lawyers and their clients. The litigation support team, led by Woodward provides expert, specialized services in the following areas:
· Expert witness testimony
· Bankruptcy accounting and litigation
· Marital dissolution
· Fraud investigations
· Forensic accounting
· Due diligence procedures
Dean Dorton Allen Ford, PLLC is a full-service accounting and consulting firm providing comprehensive accounting, tax, and consulting services including: tax preparation, tax planning and strategy development, external and internal auditing, business valuation, healthcare consulting, accounting and financial outsourcing, estate and financial planning , litigation support and forensic accounting and technology consulting to clients of all sizes in a variety of industries throughout Kentucky, as well as nationally and internationally. Dean Dorton has been awarded Best Places to Work in Kentucky for 12 years and was an inaugural Best Place to Work Louisville honoree. For more information visit www.deandorton.com.